The purpose of the Archives is to identify, acquire and preserve material of archival and/or informational value of the District and community as a whole, and to make such records available to the public. The Archives is open to the public during regular museum hours, but visitors wishing to access the archives for specific research purposes are asked to make an appointment with the Archivist. Appointments may be scheduled outside regular business hours for your research convenience.
• Textual records
• Individuals and businesses
• Local Government
• Organizations and clubs
• Historic photographs
For a more complete listing of our holdings please go to Memories BC at: http://www.memorybc.ca
• Cemetery transcriptions
• Newspapers (hard copy or microfilm)
• Oral histories
• Subject files and Family files
• Local publications
Fees and Charges
Long Distance Research
Requests will be conducted free of charge for the first 20 minutes of research time. A charge of $30.00 per hour will be applied for time spent in excess of 20 minutes.
Companies and for profit organizations will be charged a fee of $30.00 per hour for research conducted on their behalf, or a fee of $30.00 for the use of archival resources plus any additional charges incurred through photocopying or image reproduction.
• Copies from archival information files: $.25 per copy
• Copies from original documents: $.50 per copy
• Micro-film printer: $.40 per copy
All reproductions must be pre-paid. A minimum charge of $5.00 for shipping and handling will be applied to all requests requiring mailing.
Copies From Negative
• 4″ x 5″ print size >> $6.00
• 5″ x 7″ print size >> $8.00
• 8″ x 10″ print size >> $14.00
• JPEG (300 dpi) image via e-mail >> $10.00 per image
• Scanned to disc >> $15.00 per image
Digital Image Copy
• 8″x 10″ Black and White >> $5.00 per image
• 8″ x 10″ Colour >> $8.00 per image